Mushroom Salad with Fennel and Goat CheeseBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Elevate your salad game by adding garlicky mushrooms and croutons.
- 3 tbsp butter , divided
- 1 demi-baguette , cubed (3 cups)
- 3 227-g pkgs sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped sage
- 1/4 tsp salt , divided
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 fennel bulb , cored and thinly sliced, fronds reserved
- 1 142-g pkg arugula
- 1/2 113-g pkg goat cheese , crumbled
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large frying pan over medium-high. Add bread cubes. Toast, stirring often, for 3 to 4 min. Transfer to a plate.
- Return pan to heat. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are golden-brown, 10 to 12 min. Add remaining 2 tbsp butter, garlic, sage and 1/8 tsp salt. Stir to combine.
- Whisk oil with lemon zest, juice, Dijon and remaining 1/8 tsp salt in a large bowl. Add fennel, arugula and croutons. Toss to coat.
- Divide salad among 4 plates. Top with mushrooms, goat cheese and walnuts.
Make this recipe vegan by substituting canola oil for butter and a crumbly and sharp plant-based cheese for the goat cheese.
FILED UNDER: Editor's Picks