Seared Salmon with Lentil SaladBy Chatelaine
Served on a bed of garlicky lentils and fresh arugula, this pan-seared salmon is bursting with flavour.
- 4 skinless salmon fillets , about 700 g total
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil , divided
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 540-mL can lentils , drained and rinsed
- 1 pint multicoloured cherry tomatoes , halved
- 4 cups loosely packed stemmed arugula
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Sprinkle salmon with 1⁄2 tsp salt. Season with pepper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 2 tsp olive oil, and then salmon. Cook until underside of fillet is light-golden, 3 to 4 min. Turn fish over and continue cooking until a knife tip inserted in centre and held for 10 sec comes out warm, about 3 min more. Set aside.
- Whisk lemon juice with garlic, sumac, Dijon and remaining 2 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl. Stir in lentils, cherry tomatoes, arugula, mint and parsley. Season with pepper. Toss to coat.
- Arrange lentil mixture on a platter. Top with salmon.
FILED UNDER: Editor's Picks