Now that you know how to make roasted spaghetti squash, don’t miss out on the rest of our favourite fall squash recipes! Find more acorn, butternut and spaghetti squash recipes here.
How to make roasted spaghetti squashBy Chatelaine
Here’s a triple-tested way to cook spaghetti squash. Roasted spaghetti squash is a perfect veggie-alternative to pasta, and it’s so simple to prepare! Simply bake the squash whole and then shred.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil , or melted butter, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- PREHEAT oven to 375F, then line a baking sheet with parchment.
- CUT ends off squash and discard. Halve lengthwise, then scoop out seeds and stringy strands. Brush inside of squash with 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then place, cut-side down, on prepared sheet.
- ROAST until a fork is easily inserted in centre, 40 to 45 min. Flip squash and cool about 15 min.
- SHRED squash into long strands using a spoon or fork and transfer to a bowl. Toss with remaining 1 tbsp oil. Serve spaghetti squash warm with toppings such as chopped fresh herbs or toasted panko.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 11 g,
- 7 g,
- 2 g,
- 318 mg.