Spicy peanut, tofu and spinach stir-fry
Vegetarian meals don’t have to be boring, bland or fussy. This tasty, speedy stir-fry is packed with flavour (and vitamin C, too).
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp hot chili-garlic sauce
- 454-g pkg extra-firm tofu
- 1 red bell pepper
- 170-g bag baby spinach
- WHISK juice with peanut butter, broth and chili-garlic sauce in a small bowl until mixed. Set aside. Slice tofu into thin, french-fry-sized sticks. Slice pepper into thick strips.
- COAT a large frying pan with oil and set over medium-high heat. When hot, add tofu and pepper. Gently stir-fry until tofu is hot and pepper is tender, 3 to 5 min. Don’t worry if tofu breaks a bit. Stir in sauce and spinach. Remove from heat and stir until spinach is just wilted. Serve over cooked couscous, boiled quinoa or steamed rice.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 25 g,
- 20 g,
- 25 g,
- 5 g,
- 188 mg.
FILED UNDER: Dinner Healthy Recipes lunch Stir Fry SunriseSoya Vegetarian world cuisine