Warm Chicken and Farro Caprese SaladBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Comfort food in salad form–this fibre-rich dish is the perfect winter pick-me-up.
- 225 g farro
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning , such as Club House blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 shallot , thinly sliced
- 2 pints multicoloured cherry tomatoes , halved
- 2 250-g balls fresh mozzarella , roughly torn
- 4 small cooked chicken breasts , sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Cook farro following package instructions.
- Whisk vinegar with oil, honey, seasoning blend and salt in a bowl until combined. Stir in shallot. Set aside.
- Drain farro, and then add to dressing along with tomatoes. Season with pepper. Stir to combine.
- Divide warm farro mixture among plates. Top with mozzarella and chicken. Season with pepper. Sprinkle with basil.
FILED UNDER: Editor's Picks