Halloumi and sweet potato skewers with lentil saladBy Chatelaine
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 bunch green onions
- 250 g Halloumi cheese , cut into 1 1/2 x 1/4-in. slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil , divided
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp sumac , divided
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 540-mL can lentils , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 head radicchio , finely shredded (3 cups)
- 2 cups parsley leaves
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Soak 8 wooden skewers in hot water.
- PRICK potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave on a plate on high until slightly tender, 4 min. Let cool slightly. Finely chop tops of green onions and cut whites into 1-in. pieces.
- CUT potatoes into quarters lengthwise, then cut into 1/2-in. slices. Thread potato, halloumi and white parts of green onions on skewers. Brush with 1 tbsp oil.
- OIL grill. Barbecue skewers, lid closed, until grill marks form and potatoes are tender, about 12 min, turning every 3 min. Meanwhile, whisk remaining oil, vinegar, honey, 1 tsp sumac, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in lentils, radicchio, parsley and green onion tops.
- SPRINKLE skewers with remaining sumac.
How to make vegan potato salad
[bc_video video_id=”5764593092001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 25 g,
- 53 g,
- 31 g,
- 9 g,
- 970 mg.
FILED UNDER: barbecue summer Vegetarian