Sweet chili tofu with broccoli slawBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Serves: 4
When homemade is faster than takeout, it's a no-brainer. So heat up your frying pans and try our 20-minute recipe for sweet and spicy tofu.
- 350-g block extra-firm tofu
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 8 wonton wrappers , (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 340-g pkgs broccoli slaw
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- PAT tofu dry with paper towels. Cut into 2 squares crosswise, then cut each in half, forming 4 squares. Cut each piece diagonally, making 8 triangles. Set aside.
- HEAT canola oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium- high. Cut 8 square wonton wrappers into thin strips. When oil is hot, add wonton strips. Cook until crispy and golden, flipping halfway through, 1 to 2 min. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Add tofu to pan. Cook until tofu is golden, 4 to 5 min per side. Transfer tofu to a plate and brush with Thai sweet-chili sauce.
- ADD garlic, broccoli slaw and bean sprouts to pan. Cook until vegetables are tender-crisp, 1 to 2 min. Stir in oyster sauce. Season with fresh pepper. Divide slaw among 4 plates. Top with tofu and crispy wontons. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 29 g,
- 14 g,
- 5 g,
- 585 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin C
FILED UNDER: Dinner stovetop SunriseSoya thai Vegetarian world cuisine