Stir-Fried Ginger Beef with Broccoli
* PLUS Cooking time: 6 minutes
You can easily adjust the ingredients in this one-dish favourite – add more ginger for extra kick, or replace beef with chicken. Enjoy!
- 300 to 375 g strip loin steak
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger , or 1 tsp bottled ginger
- 3 garlic cloves , minced, or 1 tsp bottled garlic
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro , mint or basil, optional
- Discard any excess fat from steak, and cut meat into thin bite-sized strips. Slice broccoli florets from stalks. Cut florets into pieces; peel stalks, then slice into thin rounds. Cut and discard stem from each mushroom, and thickly slice caps. Slice peppers into thin strips. In a small bowl, stir soy with sherry, brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger, garlic and sesame oil until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Coat a large frying pan or wok with vegetable oil and set over medium-high heat. Add steak and stir-fry until it changes colour, 2 to 3 min. Add vegetables. Stir the sauce and pour in. Stir-fry until vegetables are tender crisp, 4 to 5 min. Mix in cilantro. Serve over noodles or rice.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 26 g,
- 25 g,
- 6 g,
- 3 g,
FILED UNDER: Beef Quick Weeknight Dinners Stir Fry vegetables