Gluten-free gingerbread brownies
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/3 cup brown-rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 112 g gluten-free bittersweet chocolate , chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup gluten-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp fancy molasses
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 325F. Line an 8 × 8-in. baking dish with overhanging parchment (about 1 in. on each side). Whisk almonds with flour, baking powder, spices and salt in a medium bowl.
- COMBINE bittersweet chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium, stirring halfway through, until almost melted, 2 to 3 min. Stir until smooth. Or melt in a saucepan set over medium.
- WHISK eggs and yolk with brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in chocolate mixture until smooth. Whisk in flour mixture. Scrape into prepared dish. Smooth top. Scatter chocolate chips overtop.
- BAKE in centre of oven until a cake tester inserted into centre of brownie comes out with a few crumbs clinging to it, 40 to 42 min. Transfer pan to a rack to cool completely.
- WHISK molasses with icing sugar and 2 tsp hot water in a small bowl. Drizzle over brownie. Refrigerate until brownie is firm, about 1 hour. Cut into 24 squares. Keep brownies wrapped in foil and refrigerated up to 1 week.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 16 g,
- 8 g,
- 1 g,
- 71 mg.
FILED UNDER: bake Big Batch blissful baking Desserts fall recipes gluten free winter recipes