Nutty chicken and squash stewBy Chatelaine
- 3 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs , cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 medium onion , diced
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 796-mL can diced tomatoes
- 400-g pkg cubed butternut squash , cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh pepper , to season
- 1 diced large zucchini
- 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 green onion , thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts , (optional)
- HEAT 2 tbsp olive oil in a pot over medium-high. Add chicken pieces. Brown on both sides, about 5 min. Transfer to a plate. Discard any liquid. Reduce heat to medium, then add remaining 1 tbsp olive oil to same pot. Stir in onion. Cook, adding a splash of water if needed, until onion is soft, 5 min. Stir in ginger and garlic. Cook 1 min.
- RETURN chicken to pot along with diced tomatoes, butternut squash and salt. Season with fresh pepper. Boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 8 min. Stir in zucchini. Continue cooking, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 5 more min.
- WHISK smooth natural peanut butter and water in a small bowl. Add to stew and stir until warmed through, 2 min. Garnish with green onion and peanuts if desired.
How to dice an onion
[brightcove id=’918432865001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 48 g,
- 29 g,
- 29 g,
- 6 g,
- 738 mg.