This recipe is part of a collection of vegan, no-bake desserts.
Vegan Chocolate-Covered Coconut BarsBy Chatelaine
1 h 15 min
This this easy, elevated chocolate-covered coconut bar is the ideal vegan treat.
- 2 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut , (180 g)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 3 tbsp white corn syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 200 g vegan dark chocolate , coarsely chopped
- Line an 8×4-in. loaf pan with overhanging parchment.
- Stir coconut with icing sugar, corn syrup and salt in a bowl until mixture is sticky and moist. Using slightly damp hands, press and compact coconut mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pan. Press down mixture until top is smooth. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hr.
- Using parchment, lift coconut block out of pan. Invert onto a cutting board. Cut into eight 1-in.-wide bars. Press down any craggy edges to form smooth bars.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Place chocolate in a shallow microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium, stirring every 30 sec, until almost melted, 1 to 2 min. Remove and stir until smooth.
- Dip each bar into melted chocolate until completely coated, letting excess chocolate drip off. Lay on prepared sheet. Let stand until chocolate is firm, preferably overnight. (If some of the chocolate has pooled around the edges, trim off excess with a knife before serving or storing.) Coconut bars will store well, in a sealed container at room temperature, for up to 5 days.