Chilled watermelon soupBy Chatelaine
2 hrs 15 min
- 2-kg yellow or red seedless watermelon
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint , divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sweet white wine , such as moscato (optional)
- 1 pint blueberries
- CUT watermelon in half. Scoop out 20 balls of watermelon with melon baller. Stir balls with sugar in a medium bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- PEEL remaining watermelon and coarsely chop. You should have about 15 cups. Purée chopped watermelon with ⅓ cup mint and lemon juice in a blender until smooth. Strain purée through a fine-mesh sieve. The liquid that flows through should be clear. Do not push watermelon down. Discard pulp. Refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours. Stir in wine. Divide among 4 bowls. Divide blueberries among bowls and top each with 5 reserved watermelon balls. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp mint.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 36 g,
- 1 g,
- 3 g,
- 9 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C