Homemade Pumpkin Spice LatteBy Chatelaine
Everyone’s favourite fall gourd can be used for so much more than just pie (though, that’s delicious too!)
- 2 tsp pumpkin-pie spice
- 2 cups 3.25% milk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 1/4 cup sweetened whipped cream
- cinnamon or grated nutmeg , (optional)
- TOAST spice in a small non-stick saucepan over medium-low until fragrant, 2 min.
- WHISK in milk, pumpkin and sugar. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook until milk begins to steam and bubbles form at edges of pan, 3 to 5 min. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- DIVIDE espresso between 2 mugs. Pour in milk mixture and stir until espresso dissolves. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Kitchen Tip: For homemade pumpkin-pie spice, combine 1 tbsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp ginger, 1 tsp allspice and 1/2 tsp each cloves and nutmeg.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 10 g,
- 43 g,
- 14 g,
- 2 g,
- 109 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A