Creamy shrimp salad bitesBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Cooked frozen shrimp is a great time saver when preparing for a party.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery , about 1 stalk
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 300-g pkgs frozen cooked, peeled small shrimp , thawed
- 4 small heads Belgian endive
- STIR mayo with vinegar, Dijon, celery, onion and dill in a medium bowl until combined. Season with fresh pepper. Rinse shrimp and dry on paper towels. Stir into mayo mixture until well coated.
- SEPARATE endive leaves and wash. Dry with a tea towel. Spoon about 1 heaping tbsp shrimp filling onto each leaf. Arrange on a platter.
- Make-ahead tip: Shrimp salad can be refrigerated for up to 2 hours. Spoon onto endive leaves just before serving.
How to peel and devein shrimp
[brightcove id=’1430020595001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 8 g,
- 2 g,
- 8 g,
- 1 g,
- 115 mg.
- Good source of
- Vitamin B12