Creamy hummusBy Chatelaine
Hummus is almost as easy to make as it is to buy. The key to making this hummus recipe creamy is letting the food processor run for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- 2 small garlic cloves , chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 540-mL can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- WHIRL garlic and salt in a food processor. Add chickpeas, oil, water, lemon juice, tahini, chili flakes and cumin. Continue whirling until hummus is very smooth.
- SPREAD onto 4 salad plates, leaving a well in centre. Top hummus with Spiced Lamb and Pine Nuts, if desired.
- Hummus Recipe Tip: Adding spicy sautéed meat turns hummus into a fabulous main course. Serve with lots of very fresh pita.
Chatelaine Quickies: How to make cauliflower hummus
[brightcove id=’4935024513001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]
Nutrition (per tbsp)
- 1 g,
- 3 g,
- 4 g,
- 1 g,
- 71 mg.