Modern Tuna Cobb SaladBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Complete with salty prosciutto, crumbly cheese and avocado slices—this is not your typical tuna salad.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or Stilton
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 cups baby spinach or arugula
- 4 85-g cans solid white tuna , in oil, such as Rio Mare
- 4 slices prosciutto , each sliced into 4 strips
- 1 pint multicoloured cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 avocado , peeled and cut into thin wedges
- Dressing: Stir mayo with sour cream, gorgonzola, chives, lemon juice, pepper and 2 tbsp water in a bowl.
- Add spinach to dressing and toss until coated. Divide among 4 plates (or arrange on a platter). Top with tuna, prosciutto, tomatoes and avocado. Season with pepper.
Canned tuna packed in oil is more flavourful than tuna packed in water. And don’t waste that oil! Drizzle any leftovers onto the salad, or use it as a dip for crusty bread and serve alongside the salad.
FILED UNDER: Editor's Picks