Super-awesome chocolate cupcakeBy Chatelaine
- 1 3/4 cups large-flake oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup hot water
- 100-g pkg good-quality dark chocolate , 70-85%, very finely chopped
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with silicone cupcake liners, then lightly spray with oil.
- Pour oats into a food processor. Whirl until very finely ground, about 2 min. Add cocoa, flax meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whirl until combined, about 1 min.
- Whisk egg whites with applesauce, yogurt, agave syrup and vanilla in a large bowl until combined. Add to food processor along with hot water. Whirl until combined, about 1 min. Scrape back
into bowl. Batter will be runny. Let batter stand until thickened to the consistency of oatmeal, about 20 min.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Stir chopped dark chocolate into thickened batter. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in centre of oven until muffins have risen and a skewer inserted in centre of muffins comes out slightly sticky but not wet, 25 to 27 min. Let muffins cool in pan for 15 min. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Frost with Vanilla marshmallow frosting. (Prep Tip: Muffins will stick to paper liners; use silicone liners for easy removal. Or spray muffin cups with oil if not using liners.)
How to make perfectly shaped cupcakes
[brightcove id=’4639663507001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,
- 25 g,
- 6 g,
- 4 g,
- 267 mg.