Shrimp Primavera PastaBy Chatelaine
Loaded with fresh pepper and asparagus, our shrimp primavera pasta is a light—but full-flavoured—weeknight meal, ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 225 g linguine pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1 yellow bell pepper , sliced
- 250 g asparagus , trimmed and cut into 1-in. pieces (3 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 450-g pkg frozen large shrimp , thawed and peeled
- 1/2 cup torn basil
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- COOK pasta following package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- MELT butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium. Add garlic and pepper flakes, and cook 1 min. Add pepper, asparagus, onion and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 5 min. Stir in shrimp and 3/4 cup reserved cooking liquid. Cook, stirring until shrimp are pink, 3 to 4 min. Add reserved liquid as needed.
- ADD pasta, basil and cheese, tossing until combined.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 32 g,
- 51 g,
- 19 g,
- 3 g,
- 798 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C