From fresh herb-butters, to maple glazes, spice rubs and a splash of sherry or bourbon — get the rest of our holiday turkey recipes.
Herb and Garlic TurkeyBy Chatelaine
- 3 tbsp butter , at room temperature
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 kg turkey
- POSITION oven rack in bottom third of oven. Preheat to 400F. Place a rack in a roasting pan. Stir butter with herbs, garlic and salt in a small bowl.
- WASH and dry turkey well. Discard giblets. Rub butter mixture underneath and over skin of turkey. Transfer turkey to rack in pan. Bend and tuck wings under the bird. Cover tightly with foil.
- ROAST in bottom third of oven for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 325F. Roast for another hour, then remove foil. Continue roasting, uncovered, basting occasionally, until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh reads 175F, about 45 more min, for a total cook time of about 15 min per 500 g. Transfer turkey to a cutting board. Tent loosely with foil and let rest at least 25 min before carving.
- Suggested side: This turkey pairs well with our Italian polenta stuffing. Get the recipe here.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 104 g,
- 1 g,
- 29 g,
- 442 mg.