Cashew “Cream Cheese”By Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Overnight soaking
Homemade, vegan, and extremely easy to make, this cashew cream cheese checks all our boxes.—Irene Ngo
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 350-g pkg extra-firm tofu , drained very well
- 1 tsbp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives , optional
- Combine cashews with enough water to cover in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight, about 12 hrs. (This will soften cashews and make them easier to blend.)
- Drain cashews after overnight soaking, then transfer to a blender or food processor along with tofu, nutritional yeast, vinegar and salt. Blend, scraping down sides as needed, until mixture is creamy.
- Scrape mixture into a bowl. Stir in chopped chives, if desired.
FILED UNDER: Editor's Picks food