Rosy shrimp and grits recipeBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Serves: 4
Smoky tomato polenta, topped with buttery garlic shrimp is a mouthwatering meal you can dish up in just 20 minutes – perfect for hectic weeknights.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups Clamato juice
- 1 cup fine cornmeal
- 3/4 cups smoked cheddar , divided
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp sauce Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 340 g thawed and peeled frozen raw shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/3 cup chopped celery leaves
- BOIL water with Clamato in a large saucepan. Gradually whisk in cornmeal until thickened but still loose, about 1 min. Stir in 1/2 cup smoked cheddar, 1 tbsp butter and Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- MELT 1 tsp butter in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add shrimp and garlic. Cook until shrimp turns pink, 3 to 4 min.
- SCOOP polenta grits into bowls. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup smoked cheddar, then top with shrimp and celery leaves.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 43 g,
- 13 g,
- 2 g,
- 601 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin B12
FILED UNDER: Dinner gluten free seafood stovetop