Chocolate Covered PretzelsBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
1 h 20 min
This classic snack coated in dark chocolate and pistachios is perfect for all ages.
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios , finely chopped
- 1 100-g bar dark chocolate , coarsely chopped
- 80 mini pretzel twists , (about 4 cups) or 30 large pretzels
1. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Place pistachios in a small bowl.
2. Place chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium, stirring every 30 sec, until almost melted, 1 to 2 min. Remove and stir until smooth.
3. Dip each pretzel halfway into chocolate, and then dip into pistachios. Place on prepared sheets. Let stand until chocolate is firm, about 1 hr.
If you prefer milk chocolate instead of dark, tempering is necessary to ensure the chocolate will firm up on the pretzels: Microwave three-quarters of milk chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl on medium at 15-sec intervals. Remove, stir well and check the temperature after each interval. (Chocolate temperature should not exceed 105F.) When chocolate is almost completely melted, remove bowl from microwave and stir until smooth. Stir in remaining chocolate. Let chocolate cool to 85F to 87F. Chocolate should be glossy and smooth. Use immediately.