Kofta Kebabs With Chopped SaladBy Chatelaine
These fresh kofta kebabs add flavour to an otherwise plain romaine lettuce salad.
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 454 g lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp very finely chopped parsley
- ¾ tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 255-g pkg cherry tomatoes
- 4 Lebanese-style pita bread , cut into quarters
- Plain Greek yogurt , optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- ¼ red onion , very thinly sliced
- Salad: Whisk olive oil with lemon juice in a large bowl. Add romaine, dill and red onion to dressing. Set aside.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Soak skewers in a dish of warm water for 20 min.
- Combine beef with parsley, garlic salt and allspice in a medium bowl. Season with pepper. Scoop mixture by heaping tbsps and roll into balls. Thread meat onto 4 skewers. Thread tomatoes onto remaining 4 skewers.
- Oil grill. Add kebabs. Barbecue, lid closed, until no pink remains, 5 to 6 min per side. Add tomatoes during last 5 min of cooking, turning halfway. Grill pita, 1 min per side.
- Toss salad to coat. Transfer salad to a platter. Top with grilled tomatoes. Season with pepper. Serve alongside kebabs with pita and yogurt.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 39 g,
- 25 g,
- 3 g,
- 840 mg.
FILED UNDER: Editor's Picks weeknight dinner