Roasted Cauliflower SoupBy Chatelaine
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups roasted cauliflower , from our Cauliflower Tacos (link below)
- 1/3 cup 35% cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 small corn or flour tortillas
- canola oil
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt , divided
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 head Boston lettuce , chopped
- 1/2 397-g pkg coleslaw
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- PREHEAT oven to 400F.
- COMBINE vegetable broth with water in a large saucepan. Boil, then add roasted cauliflower (from Cauliflower Tacos) and cook until warm, 2 to 3 min. Scrape into a blender and whirl until smooth. Return to pan and set over medium-high. Stir in cream and lime juice until warmed through.
- BRUSH tortillas with canola oil. Slice each into quarters, then cut into 1/2-in. strips. Arrange on an unlined baking sheet. Bake in centre of oven until golden, 5 min.
- WHISK 1/4 cup yogurt with mayo, Dijon and salt in a large bowl until combined. Add lettuce and coleslaw. Toss to coat.
- DIVIDE soup among 4 bowls. Top with remaining 1/4 cup yogurt, then pepitas and toasted tortillas. Serve with salad.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 11 g,
- 21 g,
- 30 g,
- 6 g,
- 913 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin C
FILED UNDER: comfort food gluten free Quick Weeknight Dinners roast soups Vegetarian