Vegan Oat Milk Latte PuddingBy Chatelaine
* PLUS Chilling time
This plant-based milky whipped pudding is a dream.
- 2 cups barista-style oat milk , divided
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp refined coconut oil
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder , (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 to 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- Combine 1 ½ cups oat milk with sugar in a saucepan set over medium. Cook, whisking occasionally, until mixture comes to a simmer, 4 to 5 min.
- Whisk remaining ½ cup oat milk with cornstarch in a small bowl until dissolved. Slowly pour into simmering oat milk mixture, whisking until smooth. Reduce heat to medium-low; whisk constantly until mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon, 1 to 2 min. Remove from heat and stir in coconut oil.
- Reserve ¼ cup pudding in a small bowl. Stir cocoa powder, vanilla and ½ tsp espresso powder into remaining hot pudding until dissolved. Taste, then add remaining ½ tsp espresso powder, if desired. Divide between 4 double-espresso cups.
- Scrape reserved pudding into a resealable bag. Snip off
2 mm from one corner of bag. Pipe dots onto surface of each pudding. Using a toothpick, swirl surface to create latte art. Cover each cup with plastic and refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours or overnight.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 24 g,
- 7 g,
- 1 g,
- 55 mg.
FILED UNDER: dessert recipes oat milk