Ginger crackle cookiesBy Chatelaine
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup fancy molasses
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- WHISK flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a medium bowl.
- BEAT butter, ½ cup granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium until fluffy, about 3 min. Beat in egg and molasses until combined. Beat in flour mixture on low.
- SCOOP out 1-tbsp portions of dough and roll into balls. Coat with ¼ cup granulated sugar and arrange 2 in. apart on prepared sheets.
- BAKE until edges are lightly browned, about 10 min. Let cool for 5 min, then transfer to a rack to cool.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 13 g,
- 4 g,
- 72 mg.
FILED UNDER: bake Christmas cookies Holiday Cookies Instagram