Cold brew coffeeBy Chatelaine
24 hrs 5 min
3 3/4 cups of concentrate
Unlike most iced coffee recipes, this slow-steeped cold drink never uses warm water for brewing. Try it today.
- 2 cups whole coffee beans
- 4 cups water , at room temperature
- COARSELY grind coffee beans. Combine with water in a 1.5-L jar. Let stand at room temperature, covered, for 24 hours.
- STRAIN through a large coffee filter or cheesecloth.
- FILL a glass with ice. Add equal parts coffee concentrate and cold water or milk. (Concentrate makes about 6 six cups of iced coffee.)
FILED UNDER: drinks make ahead No Cook spring