Spring salad with rhubarb vinaigretteBy Chatelaine
Delight your taste buds with a fresh salad, topped with a vinaigrette that adds a sweet-tart kick.
- 142-g pkg mixed greens
- 1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 454-g pkg strawberries , quartered, about 3 cups
- 1 cup chopped fresh rhubarb , about 120 g
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- BOIL rhubarb with water in a small saucepan over medium, until rhubarb is tender, about 5 min. Scrape into blender along with maple syrup, vinegar, Dijon and oil. Blend until smooth. Stir in poppy seeds.
- TOSS mixed greens with 1/2 cup of dressing (or more to taste), almonds and strawberries in a large bowl until combined.
More ways to cook with rhubarb
[brightcove id=’3452245569001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g,
- 16 g,
- 14 g,
- 5 g,
- 35 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin C