Furikake PopcornBy Chatelaine
The perfect snack for game nights.
- 1/4 cup furikake seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup ghee (clarified butter) , melted, or canola oil
1. Combine furikake seasoning and salt in a resealable bag. Finely crush with a rolling pin.
2. Pop popcorn kernels following package directions. Popcorn should measure 8 cups.
3. Drizzle ghee over popcorn. Sprinkle with furikake mixture. Toss to combine.
We prefer ghee— which has the water and milk solids removed—over regular butter, as it doesn’t make popcorn soggy.
Furikake is a dry Japanese seasoning, typically composed of bonito (dried fish), sesame seeds, nori, sugar and salt, used to season rice or fish. Look for it at your local Asian grocery store.