Duck rillettesBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
1 1/2 cups
- 2 prepared duck confit legs
- 1/3 cup duck fat
- 2 shallots , minced (1/3 cup)
- 1 tbsp cognac
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped chives , or parsley
- DISCARD skin and bones from duck legs. Finely shred meat into a bowl.
- MELT 1/4 cup duck fat in a medium frying pan over medium. Add shallots and cook until soft, 4 to 5 min. Add cognac and salt and cook 1 min. Remove from heat. Stir in meat until combined. Stir in chives. Firmly pack into 3 4-oz ramekins. Cover with remaining 2 tbsp duck fat. Cover ramekins with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature before serving .
Chatelaine Quickies: French onion macaroni and cheese
[brightcove id=’4837791355001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 4 g,
- 77 mg.
FILED UNDER: appetizer Christmas cocktail party entertaining New Years