Avocado and salmon rolls
* PLUS Refrigeration Time: 480 minutes
- 250-g block cream cheese
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 1 lime
- 1/2 very ripe avocado , peeled
- 150-g pkg wild smoked salmon , about 12 slices
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds , optional
- In a bowl, stir cream cheese with chives. Squeeze 2 tsp juice from lime and add to cream cheese along with avocado. Using a fork, mash to mix. Lay a large sheet of plastic wrap on counter. Arrange 6 salmon slices in centre, overlapping slightly to form a rectangle. Spread half of avocado mixture over salmon almost to edges.
- Staring from long edge, gently roll salmon, lifting plastic wrap to help form a log. Don’t wrap plastic into roll. Sprinkle with half of sesame seeds (if using), rolling to coat. Wrap in plastic wrap. Twist ends to tighten roll. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Refrigerate rolls until firm, 4 hours or preferably overnight. With a serrated knife, gently slice into thick rounds. Serve on rice chips, rice crackers or thin cucumber slices, and top with more chives if you wish.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g,
- 1 g,
- 6 g,
- 1 g,
- 152 mg.
FILED UNDER: Cocktails Healthy Recipes No Cook seafood