This dish is traditionally made with squid, stuffed with onion, garlic, tomatoes, grilled and then sliced. If you’re feeling adventurous, give it a try. But this recipe using shrimp is just as delicious and a little more accessible.
Grilled Shrimp With Lime (Inihaw Na Hipon)By Chatelaine
An accessible take on a traditional squid-based Filipino meal, these grilled shrimp will definitely become your next go-to BBQ dish.
- 1 lime , halved
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 454 g bag frozen extra large shrimp , thawed and peeled
1. Squeeze 1 tbsp lime juice into a medium bowl. Whisk in soy, honey and hot pepper flakes. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels, then toss with soy mixture until coated. Let stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, for 30 min.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high. Oil grill. Cook shrimp, lid open, until slightly charred and pink, 2 to 3 min per side. Cut remaining lime half into wedges and serve with shrimp.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 18 g,
- 4 g,
- 2 g,
- 426 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin B12