Freezer-friendly: After refrigerating for 6 hours, cover plastic wrap with foil. It will keep well up to 2 months. Defrost in refrigerator before serving.
12 to 16 Servings
* PLUS Refrigeration Time: 360 minutes
Velvety tiramisu is a no-bake Italian dessert rich with mascarpone cheese. We added coffee liqueur and chocolate for an over-the-top treat.
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Kahlúa coffee liqueur
- 170 g white chocolate
- 475-g container mascarpone
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 500-mL container 35% cream , about 2 cups
- 2 150-g pkg giant ladyfingers
- cocoa powder , for dusting, or milk chocolate shavings
- In a shallow pie plate or dish, stir water with espresso and 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar until dissolved. Stir in liqueur and set aside. Coarsely chop chocolate and place in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium, stirring halfway through, until almost melted, about 2 min. Stir until completely melted. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place mascarpone in a large bowl. Stir in ? cup (75 mL) sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in melted chocolate until combined. In another large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted, about 3 min. Stir a quarter of cream into cheese mixture, then gently fold in remaining cream.
- Working with half of the biscuits, soak both sides of each in espresso mixture, then place, flat-side down, on the bottom of a 9 × 13-in. (3-L) baking dish. Don’t worry if there are gaps between biscuits. Spoon half of cheese mixture overtop and spread to cover. Soak remaining biscuits in espresso mixture and lay them overtop. Pour any leftover espresso mixture over biscuits, then cover with remaining cheese mixture. Lightly sift cocoa evenly overtop. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours, preferably overnight. Keeps well up to 5 days.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 29 g,
- 30 g,
- 76 mg.