Sour Cherry LemonadeBy Chatelaine
Lemonade gets a ruby red treatment with the addition of sour cherry juice.
- 1 cup sour cherry juice
- 3/4 cup simple syrup , (recipe below)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups club soda , or sparkling water
- Stir sour cherry juice with simple syrup and lemon juice in a pitcher.
- Pour over club soda, then top with ice. Pour into glasses. Garnish with mint and lemon slices, if desired.
- Sour cherries are very juicy when in season. Place pitted ones in a sieve set over a bowl and let drain in the fridge. Use the sour cherries in our sour cherry pie recipe.
To make simple syrup
- Boil 1 cup sugar with 1 cup water in a small pot until sugar dissolves. Store in fridge up to two months.