Sausage and Kale SoupBy Chatelaine
- 4 tsp olive oil , divided
- 3 mild Italian sausages , casings removed
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 1 carrot , thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk , thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 900 mL low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 270 mL canned white kidney beans , drained and rinsed (half can)
- 3/4 cup ditalini or other very small pasta
- 1 bunch kale , ribs removed and chopped (about 8 cups)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- HEAT 2 tsp oil in a large pot over medium. Crumble sausage into pan. Using a wooden spoon, break up sausage into small pieces. Cook until no pink remains, 5 to 6 min. Transfer to a bowl.
- ADD remaining 2 tsp oil to same pot, then add onion, carrot, celery and salt. Cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, 6 to 7 min. Stir in sausage, chicken broth, water and beans. Boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, 5 min.
- STIR in pasta, kale and tomato paste. Increase heat to medium-high and continue cooking until pasta is tender, about 10 mins.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 28 g,
- 11 g,
- 6 g,
- 947 mg.
FILED UNDER: Instagram Quick Weeknight Dinners soups stovetop