Kale salad with sweet potatoes and walnutsBy Chatelaine
- 3 sweet potatoes , cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 2 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 1/2 cup halved walnuts
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch kale , stems removed and roughly chopped (about 10 cups)
- 250-g pkg goat cheese , crumbled
- POSITION racks in centre and lower third of oven. Preheat to 375F. Toss sweet potatoes, with canola oil and 1/2 tsp salt on a large baking sheet until coated. Season with fresh pepper. Bake in centre of oven until tender, 25 to 30 min. Spread out walnut halves on a small baking sheet. Toast in lower third of oven during last 5 min of sweet potatoes roasting.
- BOIL balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over high. Reduce heat to medium and gently boil until thickened, but still loose, about 25 min. It should measure about 3 tbsp.
- MASSAGE kale using your fingertips, in a large bowl until softened. Toss with 1 tbsp canola oil and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Divide among 4 plates. Top with roasted potatoes, goat cheese, and toasted walnuts. Drizzle with vinegar reduction.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 57 g,
- 29 g,
- 9 g,
- 773 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin A
FILED UNDER: bake gluten free Salads Vegetarian