Sheet Pan Baked Salmon With Acorn SquashBy Chatelaine
The ultimate healthy weeknight fall meal: sumptuous salmon and roasted acorn squash, all in one pan.
- 3 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 1/2 medium acorn squash , seeds removed, cut into 8 wedges
- 20 brussels sprouts , trimmed and halved (3 cups)
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets , about 150 g each
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp pepitas , (optional)
- microgreens , (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- DRIZZLE 1 tbsp oil over squash and brussels sprouts on prepared sheet, tossing to coat. Bake 5 min.
- COMBINE remaining 2 tbsp oil, maple syrup, Dijon, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- ADD salmon to centre of baking sheet with vegetables. Brush some of the maple mixture over salmon, then drizzle remaining mixture over vegetables, stirring to coat.
- BAKE 8 min. Increase heat to broil, then cook until vegetables are slightly browned and squash is tender, about 5 min. Sprinkle with pepitas and serve with microgreens.
Keeping the skin on when cooking salmon adds flavour and helps prevent it from drying out. Plus, the layer of fat between the skin and the flesh is where most of the heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids are found.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 24 g,
- 26 g,
- 5 g,
- 762 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C