Cinnamon Twist WreathBy Chatelaine
A luxurious (and easy) sweet dough that comes with brown sugar, cinnamon and a twist.
- 8 g active dry yeast , (2 1/4 tsp)
- 1/3 cup warm water , (120F to 130F)
- 1/2 cup warm milk , (120F to 130F)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter , melted (60 g)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour , (435 g)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar , (50 g)
- 1 tsp salt , (6 g)
- 2 tbsp icing sugar , for dusting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature (125 g)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar , (103 g)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon , (2 g)
- 1 egg , beaten (50 g)
- 1 tbsp water
- COMBINE yeast with warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. Let stand until frothy, 10 min. Beat in warm milk, 1/4 cup melted butter and yolks until combined. Add flour, granulated sugar and salt (2). Beat on medium, until dough is smooth and pulls cleanly away from the bottom and sides of bowl, 4 to 6 min. Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl and cover loosely with a damp kitchen towel. Let rest until dough is doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- PREHEAT oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Stir 1/2 cup butter with brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Beat egg with 1 tbsp water in a small bowl until combined.
- ROLL dough on a lightly floured surface into a 22 × 12 in. rectangle, trimming edges if needed. Spread butter mixture evenly over dough to the edges. With the long edge facing you, tightly roll up dough in jelly roll fashion (3). End roll with seam-side up. Use a sharp knife to cut the log lengthwise in half along the seam (4). Tightly weave the two pieces together, leaving the cut sides exposed. Gently transfer to prepared sheet. Brush a 2-in. portion of one woven end with egg wash (5). Form into a wreath, firmly pinching the egg-washed end underneath the other to seal (6). Cover with same damp kitchen towel and let rise until doubled, 1 more hour.
- BAKE in centre of oven until bread is deep golden, 35 to 40 min. Cool slightly. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
How to make a cinnamon twist wreath
1. Gather and prepare ingredients in twist bread recipe.
2. Combine in a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook.
3. Spread butter mixture over rolled out dough. Tightly roll up dough.
4. Use a sharp knife to cut the log lengthwise in half along the seam.
5. Weave both halves. Brush a 2-in. portion of one woven end with egg wash.
6. Form into a wreath, firmly pinching the egg-washed end underneath the other to seal.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 10 g,
- 72 g,
- 28 g,
- 2 g,
- 415 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B12