Hot-Smoked Salmon Niçoise SaladBy Chatelaine
Put a delicious twist on this traditional French salad by swapping tuna for smoky salmon.
- 300 g baby red potatoes , halved
- 4 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1/2 tsp salt , divided
- 400 g green beans , trimmed
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsbp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 shallot , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped tarragon , (optional)
- 6 radishes , quartered
- 2 hot-smoked salmon fillets , each about 125 g
- 1/3 cup niçoise or kalamata olives , pitted and halved
- 4 soft-or hard-boiled eggs , halved
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes , halved
- Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 425F.
- Toss potatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt on a baking sheet. Arrange cut-side down and roast for 15 min.
- Push potatoes to side of sheet. Add green beans. Continue roasting until golden-brown, about 15 min more.
- Whisk lemon zest and juice with Dijon, honey, shallot and 3 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt in a bowl. Whisk in tarragon.
- Toss green beans in a bowl with half of dressing. Arrange on a platter. Add potatoes to same bowl and toss with 2 tbsp dressing. Arrange beside beans. Toss radishes with 1 tbsp dressing and add to platter. Arrange salmon, olives, eggs and tomatoes on platter. Season with pepper.