Sweet and spicy glazed salmon with fennel and grapefruit saladBy Chatelaine
Have dinner ready in a flash with this salmon and salad combo.
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets , about 675 g
- 5 tsp wasabi paste , divided
- 5 tsp honey , divided
- 1 clove garlic , grated, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt , divided
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium fennel bulb , halved and thinly sliced, reserving fronds (4 cups)
- 1 grapefruit , peeled, halved and thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 shallot , thinly sliced
- 3 cups watercress
- 2 tbsp fried shallots , (optional)
- POSITION rack in top third of oven, then preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- ARRANGE salmon, skin-side down, on prepared sheet. Stir 3 tsp each wasabi and honey with half of grated garlic and 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl. Spoon wasabi mixture over salmon. Broil until a small paring knife inserted into thickest part of fish comes out warm, 5 to 6 min.
- WHISK remaining 2 tsp each wasabi and honey, remaining grated garlic, 1/4 tsp salt, rice vinegar and oil in a large bowl. Add sliced fennel, fronds, grapefruit, shallot and watercress and toss to combine. Divide among 4 plates and serve with salmon. Garnish with fried shallots.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 27 g,
- 19 g,
- 19 g,
- 4 g,
- 398 mg.
FILED UNDER: fish Meal Prep Quick Weeknight Dinners seafood