Buttery pasta and tomato sauceBy Chatelaine
Looking for an easy but indulgent treat tonight? This rich tomato sauce recipe takes only 35 minutes to prepare and is a great source of folate.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2.4 L canned whole tomatoes , drained and crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 450 g rigatoni pasta
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- parmesan , optional
- MELT butter in an extra-large frying pan over medium. Add garlic and cook for 30 sec. Stir in tomatoes and salt. Season with fresh pepper. Boil, then reduce heat to medium. Simmer until thickened, about 20 min.
- COOK pasta in a large pot of boiling water, following package directions but omitting salt, until tender, 10 to 12 min. Drain well.
- RESERVE 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce recipe for white bean and tomato soup. Toss pasta with parsley, chili flakes and remaining sauce until well coated. Divide among 4 plates. Top each with 2 tbsp ricotta. Sprinkle with parmesan.
Chatelaine Quickies: How to make fresh Sicilian pasta sauce
[brightcove id=’4974391289001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 96 g,
- 12 g,
- 5 g,
- 573 mg.
- Excellent source of
FILED UNDER: All Things Tomato fall Pasta sponsHunts stovetop Vegetarian