Kitchen tip: You can substitute lamb with ground beef.
Easy lamb bologneseBy Chatelaine
There’s no need to spend hours simmering your meat sauce with this quick and easy weeknight pasta recipe.
- 225 g linguine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 450 g ground lamb
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes , (optional)
- tbsp fresh rosemary , chopped
- 1 796-ml can plum tomatoes
- grated parmesan , (optional)
- COOK pasta following package directions, about 12 min. Reserve cup pasta water, then drain pasta.
- HEAT a pot over medium- high. Add oil, then onion and garlic. Cook until softened, 2 to 3 min. Crumble in lamb. Cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned, 4 to 5 min.
- STIR in tomato paste, salt, pepper flakes and rosemary and cook 1 min. Add tomatoes and their juice, breaking tomatoes into bite-sized chunks. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is slightly thickened, 10 to 12 min.
- ADD pasta and reserved pasta water, if mixture looks dry. Stir to combine. Divide among bowls. Sprinkle with parmesan.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 31 g,
- 60 g,
- 21 g,
- 5 g,
- 922 mg.