From the kitchen of Irene Ngo (assistant food editor).
- 3/4 cup black or white sesame seeds
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter , cubed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp black or white sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whirl 3/4 cup sesame seeds in a food processor until finely ground. Add flour, sugar and salt. Pulse until combined. Add butter and vanilla through the feed tube while pulsing until dough comes together.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of dough and roll into a ball. Lightly dip tip of ball into remaining sesame seeds. Place on baking sheet, seed-side up, and gently flatten to 1/2-in.- thick disc. Repeat with remaining dough and seeds.
- Bake in centre of oven until edges of cookies are just starting to brown, 9 to 11 min. Let cookies cool on sheet for 1 min. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.
How to roll cookie dough
[bc_video video_id=”4638199649001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 9 g,
- 7 g,
- 1 g,
- 18 mg.