Spring rhubarb saladBy Chatelaine
1 h 20 min
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 stalks of rhubarb , cut into 1/4-in.-thick pieces (2 cups)
- 3 tbsp pickling liquid , (from mixture above)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 watermelon radish , thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas , trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 75-g pkg pea shoots , (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chives , cut into 1-in. pieces
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- PICKLE: Bring vinegar, sugar and salt to a simmer in a small pot over medium-high. Cook, stirring until sugar is dissolved, about 1 min. Place rhubarb in a bowl, then pour in vinegar mixture to cover. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hr.
- SALAD: Whisk pickling liquid, Dijon and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle in oil, whisking constantly.
- COMBINE greens, radish, snap peas, pea shoots and chives in a large bowl. Drizzle with some dressing, tossing gently to lightly coat. Transfer to a platter, then scatter rhubarb and sunflower seeds overtop.
Chatelaine Quickies: Thai steak salad
[bc_video video_id=”5042204702001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 7 g,
- 5 g,
- 2 g,
- 115 mg.
FILED UNDER: Instagram No Cook Salads spring vegetables