Originally published in the Today’s Parent December 2014 issue.
Slow cooker hearty vegetarian chiliBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
6 hrs 15 min
Warm up with this vegan-friendly chili recipe.
- 2 carrots , finely diced
- 1 large zucchini , finely diced
- 1 large orange sweet pepper , finely diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 796-mL can tomatoes
- 1156-mL can tomato paste
- 1 small onion , grated
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 540-mL can bean medley , drained and rinsed
- COMBINE all ingredients except beans in slow cooker.
- COVER and cook on low until vegetables are tender, 6 to 8 hours. Stir in beans during last 30 min of cooking. 3. Ladle into bowls and serve with grated cheddar or chopped avocado and serve with toast if desired. Chili keeps well, covered and refrigerated, up to 5 days or frozen up to 3 months.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 11 g,
- 42 g,
- 2 g,
- 11 g,
- 868 mg.
FILED UNDER: slow cooker slow cooker recipes Vegetarian