Need new chicken inspo? Here are 28 hearty chicken recipes to add to your repetoire.
These filled corn tortillas are topped with zesty Monterey Jack cheese and a fiery sauce—and come together in less than an hour.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts , cut into long, thin strips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 4 plum tomatoes , seeded and diced
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 2 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack , or mozzarella
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro , optional
- sliced avocado , optional
- sliced jalapenos , optional
- PREHEAT oven to 450F. Spray a baking sheet.
- HEAT a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 tbsp oil, then chicken. Sprinkle with salt. Cook until no pink remains, 5 to 6 min. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil to pan, then onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, pepper flakes and 1/2 of tomatoes. Cook until vegetables soften, 2 to 3 min. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken, any juices and 1 cup grated cheese.
- DIVIDE chicken mixture into 8 portions. Scoop a portion into centre of each tortilla. Roll into a cigar shape around filling. Place seam-side down on baking sheet, spacing 1 in. apart. Flatten slightly, then top with remaining tomatoes and cheese.
- BAKE in centre of oven until cheese melts, about 5 min. Top with cilantro, sliced jalapeños and avocados.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 47 g,
- 36 g,
- 35 g,
- 3 g,
- 1198 mg.