Thai iced tea cocktailBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
1 h 40 min
We partnered with President’s Choice to create amazing dishes that celebrate flavours we love from across Canada.
- 2 star anise
- 1 L water
- 8 PC Orange Pekoe Premium Black Tea Bags
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed seedless tamarind pulp
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup Canadian rye
- 1/4 cup PC Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 cups ice
- Thai basil
- whipped cream
- cardamom , (optional)
- COMBINE star anise and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 min, then add tea bags. Remove from heat, stir in sugar until dissolved and steep for 30 min. Transfer to a large bowl, then refrigerate until cold, about 1 hr. Squeeze tea bags and discard. Discard star anise.
- PLACE tamarind in a small bowl and add ½ cup hot water. Let stand for 30 min. Strain through a fine sieve, then stir into tea mixture.
- STIR rye into tea mixture. Divide sweetened condensed milk among 4 tall glasses. Pour tea mixture evenly over top. Add ice and garnish with basil, whipped cream and cardamom. Serve with long spoons for stirring.
Chatelaine Quickies: Thai steak salad
[bc_video video_id=”5042204702001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 29 g,
- 2 g,
- 38 mg.