Strawberry ice creamBy Chatelaine
No need for an ice cream maker: Turns out all that’s required to make incredible homemade ice cream is three ingredients and a freezer.
- 1/2 454-g container strawberries , finely chopped
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1/2 300-mL can sweetened condensed milk
- BOIL strawberries in a medium saucepan (without added water) over high until strawberries are mushy and all liquid has evaporated, 8 to 10 min. Strawberries should measure 1/3 cup. Chill until completely cool. Add strawberry mixture with sweetened condensed milk.
- BEAT cream in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on medium, until soft peaks form, 2 to 4 min. Reduce speed to low and beat in sweetened condensed milk and strawberry mixture until just combined. Mixture should be smooth and fluffy.
- SCRAPE mixture into a resealable container. Freeze until firm, 6 hours.
How to make 3-ingredient chocolate ice cream
[brightcove id=’4837791356001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]