Butter pecan crescent cookiesBy Chatelaine
This month, we’re drawing baking inspiration from Vienna’s charming markets and enchanting Alpine traditions. These beautiful and festive Viennese holiday cookies will fly off everyone’s plates.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup Skor bits
- icing sugar , for dusting
- POSITION oven racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 350F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment. Stir flour with salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- WHIRL pecans with icing sugar in a food processor until very finely ground. Beat butter in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium, until fluffy. Beat in pecan mixture, then vanilla. Gradually stir in flour mixture until dough comes together. Stir in Skor bits. Knead until combined.
- PINCH off heaping tablespoons of dough and roll between palms of hands to form 2 1/2-in. logs. Shape into crescents and arrange on prepared sheets, tapering ends. Repeat with remaining dough.
- BAKE in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching and rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are just brown at the edges, 15 to 20 min. Let cookies cool on sheets 2 min, then transfer to a rack to cool completely, 15 min. Dust with icing sugar. Store cookies in an airtight container up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.
Baking School: How to cream butter
[bc_video video_id=”4837629012001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per cookie)
- 1 g,
- 9 g,
- 7 g,
- 1 g,
- 21 mg.