Skinny fast-fry steaks cook up in a snap. Top them with an irresistible mix of garden-ripe tomatoes and creamy blue cheese.
French bistro steak & tomatoes
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Cooking time: 2 minutes
- 2 small plum tomatoes
- 1 green onion , green part only
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- generous pinches dried rosemary
- 4 small fast-fry steaks , or 2 large inside round fast-fry steaks
- olive or vegetable oil
- Cut tomatoes in half and squeeze out seeds. Slice tomatoes into thin strips. Thinly slice green portion of onion. Combine in a medium bowl. Crumble in cheese. Add 1 tsp (5 mL) oil and pinches of salt and pepper. Stir to mix.
- In a small bowl, stir Dijon with pinches of salt, pepper and rosemary until evenly mixed. Rub all over steaks.
- Coat a large frying pan, preferably non-stick, with oil and set over medium-high heat. When hot, add steaks. Cook until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Place on plates and generously top with tomato mixture. Excellent with a pile of frites.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 32 g,
- 3.5 g,
- 14.8 g,
- 0.7 g,
- 431 mg.